Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Wedding Recap: Showers and Bachelorette Party


With Cara's Bachelorette Party coming up this weekend, I figured it would be the perfect time to share some special memories from my wedding showers and Bachelorette Party.

Our very 1st shower was our couples shower, which was hosted by some of my family's best friends - Paula, Diana, and Debra (we call her Bubba).  It was held in Paula and Bill's beautiful backyard - I dream of having a backyard like their's someday!  It was the perfect shower and I was so happy to have Mark by my side because I get super uncomfortable during these types of things.  Am I the only one that find these extremely awkward? I don't know what it is about opening gifts in front of people, but it makes me profusely sweat (TMI) and feel like I am going to throw up.  And I mean...you can only get so excited about baking sheets or a chip and dip bowl.  For this shower, the only thing Mark made me promise was no games...Oops!  Luckily, it was just one and it was short and simple and he was a trooper.


My 2nd shower was hosted by three of my mom's best friends - who I also consider my friends!  I LOVE Colleen, Patsy and Mary!  This was a classic wedding shower - beautiful decorations, great food, lots of love and awkward present opening.  I felt so special that so many wonderful ladies would come to celebrate with me.




My 3rd shower was hosted by my wonderful mother-in-law and her friend, Sandy.  It was so nice getting to meet all of Barbara's friends and also spend the day with some of my new family.  Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures at this shower, but again was so spoiled by such sweet and thoughtful gifts for Mark and I.

For my Bachelorette Party - my bridesmaids and a few of my other favorite people headed to Austin for the weekend.  Cara, my maid of honor, did such an awesome job coordinating everything.  After a few cocktails and getting ready for the night, we started with my lingerie shower.  My friends know me so well and I definitely got plenty of leopard print!







After the shower, we headed to a Mexican restaurant on 6th street (that I can't remember the name of for the life of me).





We had our own little section of the restaurant, which was oddly covered in super provocative pictures.  Jokingly, I meant to send one to Mark but ended up sending it to Andrew Marks...my YOUNGER COUSIN!  I didn't realize it until he texted me back and then was so embarrassed!  Texting while drinking is never a good idea!




From there we headed out to West 6th and went to a few different bars.  That dang sash got me WAY too many shots.  I don't drink often and that night was a perfect example why.  I cannot even stand the smell of Fireball anymore.





 Before getting to Austin, we thought we were geniuses and bought a ton of these little drinks that promise no hang over.  No Ho's = No Work.  I woke up the next morning thinking I felt just fine and throughout breakfast death slowly took over.



We spent Saturday at Barton Springs Pool, which is a great place for people watching.  Let me just tell you though - trying to blow up floats when your head is on the verge of exploding is not the most fun experience.




That night we headed to dinner at a really cool spot - Second Bar + Kitchen.  I really liked this spot.  We headed to Rainey Street afterwards.  After the strangest little concert (filled with glitter and confetti and a really sleepy drugged out keyboard player), I decided that I could no longer hang and Andrea and I took a pedi cab back to the hotel.

The weekend was great, but definitely showed me I am no longer in college and can no longer take shots!

I can't wait to spend this weekend with my best friends celebrating Cara!  Less than a month until we head to Playa del Carmen for her wedding!!

No comments:

Post a Comment