Wednesday, October 1, 2014

It's Fall Y'all #1


I cannot get over the fact that it is October! I know everyone is saying it, but seriously...where has this year gone?  In just over 2 weeks, Mark and I will have been married for a year. So crazy!  To kick off my favorite time of the year, I am joining two of my favorite girls Jordan and Jeannette for the "It's Fall Y'all" Challenge.

What's the challenge?  30 Fall related posts by December 1st!  We will be sharing recipes, decor, outfits, etc.  Well let's be real...I will not be sharing recipes since I am probably the worst cook in the history of this earth (poor Mark), but anyways...

For my first Fall post, I am sharing one of my favorite things - my Fall TV line-up.  I'm not gonna lie - I am a little bit of a TV junkie.  I love coming home from work and relaxing on the couch and catching up on my DVR!  Here are a few of my must-watch shows:


Dancing with the Stars: I haven't kept up with the last few seasons, but have gotten into it again this year despite a pretty D List cast.  While it is no So You Think You Can Dance, I love that they are including more contemporary styles and throwing in some non-ballroom trained pros, including one of my all-time favorite dancer's - Allison Holker.  I secretly wish I could throw on one of their sassy costumes and do a little cha-cha, but my dancing days are long gone!  The only thing that KILLS me about this show? Erin Andrews. Y'all...she is just so awful!  I have to fast forward through her sections because she makes me feel so uncomfortable and embarrassed when she is interviewing the celebrities and attempting funny come backs. Oh goodness...it really just makes me cringe!  My favorites this year: Sadie Roberston and Janel Parrish (from Pretty Little Liars!)


Nashville: Nashville is hit or miss for me, but I can't help but watch it every season.  During the first episode I was definitely paying more attention on how they were trying to cover Hayden Panettiere's pregnancy than the actual story line.  I am Team Rayna and Deacon and am not interested in Luke Wheeler one little bit.  To be honest, I really just wish Rayna would turn into Tami Taylor and head on back to Dillon with Coach Taylor.  (I am re-watching Friday Night Lights for the 2nd time this year. I just love it. #cleareyesfullheartcantlose)

(Me too Tami Rayna...bring on some more Tim Riggins)


Grey's Anatomy: This show just doesn't get old for me.  I've watched it from the beginning and it just has me hooked.  Andrea (my brother's girlfriend) loves it just as much - I always look forward catching up with her on the show.  I don't think I'm gonna like Yang being gone - she's Meredith's person for God's sake - but kinda love that Karev is taking her place as Mer's BFF!  Although I've grown to love the newer cast members - I don't know if it will ever beat the original.  Definitely looking forward to this season though!


Scandal: Tell me you haven't watched the show and dreamed of being Olivia Pope for at least a day! The girl is a bada**. (Like in a battle - Olivia vs. Beyonce - Olivia wins hands down...in my book anyways) I don't love her home-wrecking ways, but she just fascinates me and I can't get enough of this show! I wish her stylist could come dress me - her outfits are always on point.  (But let's be real though...I dress more like Poor Mellie in the midst of her breakdown.  Bless her.) Olivia also loves her some wine - I feel like we could really bond over that.  Who do you want her to end up with? Jake or Fitz?!

(that's my kind of dinner)


Revenge: Last but not least...Revenge!  I binge watched the first 2 seasons on Netflix and was hooked.  I feel like this needs to be the last season because I don't want it to start trying to stretch too much and become too weird, but for now - bring on some Emily Thorne.  I loved Emily VanCamp in Brothers and Sisters, which is one of the reasons I even started watching this show.  She is actually dating her castmate - Josh Bowman (Daniel Grayson) - who is the biggest jerkhead imaginable on the show.  I feel like I wouldn't be able to separate the two, but I guess that's why I am not an actress.

Those are just a few of my favorite shows on the Fall TV lineup, but I'll go ahead and stop there before I share others that would embarrass Mark (and should probably embarrass me, but don't care!) for other's to know about! 

What are you watching this Fall?

1 comment:

  1. Except for Dancing with the Stars, I've been meaning to start watching/catch up on every single one of these shows! Love this post for Fall!

    ReplyDelete