Thursday, September 4, 2014

Throw Back Thursday - Happy Birthday Biggie


For those of you that don't have the pleasure of knowing her, this is absolutely one of my most favorite people in the world - Erin!  Erin and I met almost 5 years ago when I first started at Savoya.  I was terrified of her.  I'm not kidding when I say I did everything I could not to talk to her because I was scared of her. (And not because she was mean, but because she is incredibly smart and great at her job - I was intimidated!) Luckily, that didn't last long.  And thank goodness because I have no clue what I would do without her.


You may hear me refer to Erin as my Biggie (or obviously see it in the title of this post!)  For my first few years at Savoya, there was a group of 5 of us in our department that were very close. And when we are together, we are completely goofy/weird/too loud/fun/awesome (at least we think we are...others may disagree). Anyways...one day we decided to start a "sorority."  I can't remember why we decided to do this (aside from trying to entertain ourselves to get through the day), but we decided that Erin was my Big Sis.  From that point on, I've always referred to her as Biggie!

Tomorrow is Erin's birthday, so in honor of her I decided to share my favorite things/memories about my Big!
  1. Erin just gets me.  And when she doesn't - she pretends to and loves me anyways.
  2. We have a lot in common including our love of purses (she spent over an hour with me in Louis Vuitton while I talked myself into buying my Speedy), Alanis Morissette, reading, wine, and our husbands Mark/Marc just to name a few.  We also have very similar Type A, perfectionist personalities.
  3. She burned me a copy of the 30 Day Shred, which taught me some great exercises, such as the knee roll, and discipline. You do not phone it in on Jillian. 
  4. She goes to see teenage movies with me, including but not limited to the Twilight series.
  5. For Erin's 30th birthday, we went to Choctaw, where we consumed Boones Farm, ate 200 crab wontons (okay - that was just me) and watched Hilary win $10,000 dollars (not really..but close)

  6. We've been to LA, New Orleans, and Paris together.  Before you get too jealous - these trips often were filled 14-hour work days.  And sometimes near death experiences, naked Parisians, and Taylor Momsen sightings...
  7. She made me cry on the last day of my honeymoon and had her last day at Savoya while I was gone.
  8. Obviously, that was not a great memory, but it lead to her getting to be a stay at home mom. And she is an AWESOME mom.  I mean her daughter is a YouTube sensation...
  9. Erin and I can go days without talking and then pick right back up to where we left off.  Some of my favorite conversations with Erin include coming up with escape plans.

  10. She has a great husband, who is an awesome videographer (http://marcrobertsvideography.com/).  If you are getting married, you MUST hire Marc!  Below is the trailer he created for our wedding (if you haven't already seen it - I only posted it 500 times on Facebook!)  I will never be able to thank him enough for capturing the best day of my life.  And since Marc came early to film, Erin came too and helped keep me calm when everyone was stuck in traffic and my ring bearer lost his pants and had to wear his sister's leggings.


Mark & Layci | Trailer from Marc Roberts on Vimeo.

These are just a few of the reasons I love my Big!

Erin - I'm so lucky to call you my friend!  I hope you have the best birthday and I can't wait to celebrate with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment